CECAM policy on child care
CECAM wishes to support a parent with a young child attending a CECAM workshop or tutorial. CECAM recognises that some support for child care at its meetings is an allowable expense.
The following rules apply:
- An additional per diem of 50CHF is paid to the babysitter who takes care of a child coming with a parent to attend a CECAM meeting in Switzerland (Lausanne, Zurich, Lugano).
- The parent should be an invited attendee at the workshop or tutorial. The parent should not be employed at EPFL (ETHZ, or USI).
- The babysitter should not be attending the meeting.
- The child should be no younger that 8 weeks and no older than 18 months at the beginning of the meeting.
- The additional bursary is at the discretion of the CECAM director. (There is no additional funding for this initiative; it has to be found from the overall conference budget).
CECAM does not take responsibility for finding child care, this is the responsibility of the parent. CECAM would welcome a family member or friend travelling with the attending parent to look after the child during the meeting.