CECAM takes great care when presenting information on its websites but cannot guarantee that published content is accurate, up-to-date, reliable, or complete. Consequently, CECAM cannot be held responsible for third-party content, even if CECAM websites link or refer to them.
CECAM reserves the right to modify or erase content published on its websites without prior notice and at any time.
CECAM Websites and online services may use “cookies.” Cookies are small text files placed on the hard drive of your device.
There are several types of cookies:
- Session cookies are temporary bits of information that are erased once your exit your Web browser window or otherwise turn your computer off.
- Persistent cookies remain on your computer until you delete them or they expire.
Which cookies are generated on CECAM?
When you access to CECAM Websites, we can, according to your settings, install cookies on your devices, which will allow us to recognize your Browser, during the validity time of the cookies.
The cookies that CECAM generates allow us :
- to prepare statistics including frequency of accesses, the use and performances of Websites.
- to adapt the presentation of CECAM Websites to the display preferences of your device (language, operating system etc.)
- to memorise preferences and parameters (authentication)
- to enable you to access reserved or personal spaces to CECAM Websites
- to improve our communication and services.
Which cookies are generated on our Websites by third parties?
CECAM Websites may include web beacons, cookies, or similar technologies from third-party service providers, as in particular Google Inc..
The service offered by Google Analytics allows CECAM to determine the number of hits on the site and to pinpoint the most frequently visited pages. Those cookies are introduced and read on user’s terminal Equipment and by accessing a web site., using the service “Google Analytics”. The information produced by the cookie are related to your use of CECAM websites and to your IP address. This data is anonymised. For more information regarding Google Analytics, please refer to this website : http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html. You can opt out of data collection or use by clicking the following links: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout (requires you to install a browser add-on).
How to control cookies?
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but provide controls that allow you to block or delete them.
Please refer to your browser’s privacy or help documentation to find Instructions for blocking or deleting cookies.
This Privacy Notice aims at informing you about the personal data that EPFL collects and the rights you can assert on the use of your personal data.
We want to be as transparent as possible on the personal data we collect. Our goal is to present you the EPFL confidentiality rules in a clearly and simply way, in order you to understand which data EPFL processes and for which finalities.
Identity of the Data Controller
EPFL is mainly Data Controller. Processing is carried out under the Swiss Federal Data Protection Act dated 19 juin 1992 (FDA/R.S 235.1) as well as the Regulation (EU) 2016 / 679 of the European parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regards to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (hereinafter “General Data Protection Regulation”, “GDPR”).
EPFL is bound to respect the principles related to data protection. In application of these principles, personal data must :
- be processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner;
- be collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes; further processing for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes shall not be considered to be incompatible with the initial purposes;
- be adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed;
- be accurate;
- be kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed; personal data may be stored for longer periods insofar as the personal data will be processed solely for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes subject to implementation of the appropriate technical and organisational measures;
- be processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data;
- be transferred outside of Switzerland or the European Union only if the recipient State has an adequate level of personal data protection or provide with appropriate safeguards.
In compliance with the data protection Regulation, you have the right to access, question, modify, rectify all your personal data on file. You also have the right to object to a processing of personal data for legitimate reasons as well as a right to object to the use of those data be used for commercial prospection in accordance with applicable regulations. On request, you may receive a copy of your personal data and you may amend any personal data which are inaccurate or incomplete. EPFL reserves the right to refuse any abusive request or contrary to the Law.
If you wish to forward a request to us, please provide us with your external enquiry to the address : email@example.com
EPFL’s mandate is to promote the cultural, social and economic development of Switzerland by the training of the new generation of top-tier scientists and professionals and to develop research excellence for the Society and its Economy. EPFL processes personal data in particular in line with its three academic core tasks which are the Education, Research and Innovation, and its supporting services. Processing for archiving purposes, scientific or statistical purposes enjoy exemptions.
Purpose of the processing
EPFL uses personal data in order to undertake its activities, as described above. We can also use these personal data to communicate with you.
Information to users
In compliance with the data protection regulation, EPFL informs you about its personal data processing.
EPFL advises you in particular of :
- the name of the data controller ;
- the purpose of the processing ;
- the data recipient ;
- your rights ;
- the retention period
Data recipients of your personal data are mainly central services or EPFL faculties, as well as some vendors or subcontractors for operational or analytical purposes.
EPFL keeps your personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed, in accordance with the applicable legislation. Research Data can be retained 20 years, if they are not anonymised . This period can be extended, if some protective measures have been taken in order to avoid the identification of the data subject (anonymisation, hash…).
EPFL ensures the safety and the security of personal data by implementing enhanced data security through the use of data and logical security resources. We deploy appropriate measures at both the technological and organizational level to protect the stored personal data of our users from unauthorised access, improper use, alteration, unlawful or accidental destruction and accidental loss. These are consistent with the State of the Art, considering the risks involved, to protect your personal data.
EPFL shares your personal data in compliance with the applicable legislation.
Jurisdiction and applicable law
Swiss Law is applicable. The place of performance and the place of jurisdiction is at the registered office of EPFL.