Statistical Mechanics: Interplay of Theory and Computer Simulations
- Burkhard Duenweg (Max Planck Institute for Polymer Research, Mainz, Germany)
- Friederike Schmid (Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Institute of Physics, Germany)
- Kurt Kremer (Max Planck Institut for Polymer Research, Mainz, Germany)
- Marcus Müller (Georg-August University, Göttingen, Germany)
- Wolfgang Paul (Martin Luther University, Halle-Wittenberg, Germany)
The symposium has been organized on occasion of the 2012 retirement of Professor Kurt Binder, University of Mainz. The intention of the meeting is to highlight important current developments in various fields that have been and are within his core interests: (i) Monte Carlo and other simulation methods, (ii) glasses, spin glasses, disordered systems, (iii) polymers, (iv) critical phenomena and finite size scaling, (v) nucleation and spinodal decomposition, (vi) surfaces, wetting, confinement. Speakers have been chosen to cover all these sub-fields.
For registration and further information, please go to the meeting's web site: