Psi-k Training Graduate School
Bristol University, UK
The combined theory-hands-on Graduate School on electronic structure methods will take place at Burwalls and the Physics Department in Bristol from Sunday March 25 until Saturday March 31, 2007. There will be 20 lectures over 6 days, 10 lectures on theory and 10 lectures on electronic structure methods. The rest is all hands-on experience with relevant codes. The 10 lectures on theory are:
- 3 on Density Functional Theory (DFT) by E.K.U. Gross
- 3 on many body perturbation theory (MBT) by R.W. Godby
- 3 on dynamical mean field theory (DMFT) by M. Katsnelson
- 1 on the Bethe-Salpether equation (BSE) by F. Sottile.
- the plane-wave methods (PW) by X. Gonze
- the full potential local orbital method (FPLO) by M. Richter
- the linear augmented plane waves (LAPW) by P. Blaha
- the linearized muffin tin orbital method (LMTO) by O.K. Andersen
- the Korringa-Kohn-Rostoker (KKR) method by H. Ebert.
James Annett ( HH Wills Physics Laboratory ) - Organiser
Martin Lueders ( Daresbury Laboratory ) - Organiser
Zdzislawa (Dzidka) Szotek ( Daresbury Laboratory ) - Organiser
Walter Temmerman ( Daresbury Laboratory ) - Organiser